There were two demonstration sights- one in Traps Bar and the other at the TOTAL gas station, and three participating nightclubs. Trained volunteers went around from 8pm to 11pm and handed out packs of condoms and lube. Although the response could have gone either way, we were delighted to see it favored our campaign. As the week continued we had to incorporate additional nightclubs by request from managers and owners.
I've finally returned to Lautoka and feel ready to start the campaign again here... but first I'm off to the Yasawas for three days with work, then vacation when my dad arrives on Saturday :o)
I've added a sort of photo diary below because people keep asking me to post pictures... enjoy.
Suva sunset
Plenty of condoms and lube
A trainer for the campaign (left), and a volunteer (right)
Fiji Network for HIV+ People (FJN+) volunteers packing female condoms
Boxes of 25
Tuesday night volunteers
Thursday night PCVs
No comments:
Post a Comment